Why is our practice different? Our podiatry practice is the first podiatry practice in southern NJ to use the MLS Robotic Laser. Our doctors and technicians are Certified in Advanced MLS Laser Therapy. This means we apply customized treatment protocols that are unique to our practice and each patient. We have used laser treatments for a wide variety of conditions.
MLS Robotic Laser Therapy has been cleared by the FDA and proven successful as evidenced by extensive and credible studies conducted in our country’s finest institutions including Harvard University.
Laser Therapy is the use of specific wavelengths of light to treat painful and debilitating conditions. Laser Therapy works with light energy entering the damaged cells and stimulating intercellular activity. This reduces pain in the area and speeds recovery of the damaged cells. Once the cells recover, the healing process is complete. Treatment is painless and lasts an average of 10 minutes. You may experience a comfortable sensation at the point of application. It does not generate heat and is safe to use over implanted metal devices. It is the only Class 4 laser which is safe to use over surgical hardware.
MLS Robotic Laser Therapy effectively treats:
- Tendon & ligament injuries
- Sore muscles, strains, & tears
- Degenerative joint conditions
- Neurological & general pain & bruising
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Pre & Post-surgical treatment
- Anti-inflammation application
- Specific neurological conditions
What can I expect after treatment?
Many people experience positive results within a few treatments, depending on if the condition is acute or chronic. Most acute conditions will need 4 to 6 treatments, and most chronic conditions will require 10 to 15 treatments. Acute conditions usually subside quickly, typically with one phase of treatment, while chronic conditions can be controlled with regular treatment if complete relief is not attained.
The effects of MLS Robotic Laser Therapy are cumulative, therefore, expect to see improvement as you proceed through your treatment plan. It is critical that once you start, you complete the course of treatments recommended by your doctor or symptoms are likely to recur.
Benefits of MLS Robotic Laser Therapy
- Rapid relief of pain
- Strong anti-inflammatory effect
- Timely healing of sprains & strains
- Rapid recovery of structural integrity of an injured region
- Rapid resolution of swollen areas
- Immediate improvement of local blood circulation
- Rapid repair of superficial injuries, such as wounds & ulcers